While the Upsize Procedure using Hyaluronic Acid dermal filler injections is a cosmetic procedure, it is also a medical procedure performed by doctors. Much research and study has gone into the medical field of penis enlargement surgery and medical penile girth enlargement with FDA dermal fillers. Many patients of ours are interested in the science behind the procedure as well as details on the anatomy of the penis and alternative options for penile enlargement.
Below is a list of peer review scientific publications demonstrating the efficacy, safety and satisfaction rate of penile enhancement procedures with dermal filler.
1) Zucchi, A. Scroppo F. Capogrosso, P. Clinical use of hyaluronic acid in andrology: A review. Andrology. 2022
2) Yang DY, Jeong HC, Ko K, Lee SH, Lee YG, Lee WK. Comparison of clinical outcomes between hyaluronic and polylactic acid filler injections for penile augmentation in men reporting a small penis: a multicenter, patient-blinded/evaluator-blinded, non-inferiority, randomized comparative trial with 18 months of follow-up. J Clin Med. 2020;9:1024.
3) Moon DG, Kwak TI, Kim JJ, Cho HY. Effects of hyaluronic acid gel in penile augmentation. Int J Impot Res. 2002;14(Suppl 3):S40.
4) Ahn ST, Il Kwak T, Park KS, Kim JJ, Moon DG. Complications of glans penis augmentation. Int J Impot Res. 2019;31:245-255.
5) Kim J, Kwak T, Jeon B, et al. Human glans penis augmentation using injectable hyaluronic acid gel. Int J Impot Res. 2003;15:439-443.
6) Micheels P, Saint Hillier S, Elias B, Pujos E. Hyaluronan and the “mushroom” technique: an assessment of hyaluronan injections into the glans. Dermatol Surg. 2012;38(2):1-7.
7) Kwak TI, Oh M, Kim JJ. Moon DG. The effects of penile girth enhancement using injectable hyaluronic acid gel, a filler. J Sex Med. 2011;8(12):3407-3413.
8) Moon du G, Kwak TI, Kim JJ. Glans penis augmentation using hyaluronic acid gel as an injectable filler. World J Mens Health. 2015;33(2):50-61.
9) Sito G, Marlino S, Santorelli A. Use of macrolane VRF 30 in emicircumferential penis enlargement. Aesthet Surg J. 2013;33(2):258-264.